Ancient Light

We were in the middle of an empty room, he had convinced me to follow him after a couple of drinks, I was feeling fine, giggly but fine.

I am standing, he is too. He tells me to close my eyes, I do as he says right after giving him an inquisitive look and receiving a "go on" as a reply.

My eyes are completely closed, I can only hear him walking around me in circles... I am curious to what's going to happen. After completing another circle he takes off his shoes, I can hear them hitting the hard floor as he tosses them across the room, the sound makes me jump, and my heart races.

I can't hear his feet, but I can feel him walking around me once again, that impression is confirmed when he starts to speak and I can pinpoint his location in the room again.

- I need you to take a deep breath - He says - Imagine you are walking down an empty avenue... there are no cars, no people around... you can hear nothing but the sound of a gentle breeze.

And he continues:

- I need you to walk very calmly towards a building, it's a huge building, the tallest you've ever seen, as soon as you reach the front door you'll hear the automatic glass doors sliding, keep walking until you reach the elevator.

- You get to the elevator and the metal doors open, it's dark... don't worry, you can step in.

- You are inside the elevator, there are no buttons, the door closes, don't be frightened. There's only one way it goes. You can feel that sense of weightlessness for a second followed by the acceleration. The elevator rushes to the top. It will takes a while, just concentrate on the door.

- There you go, you've reached the top, the doors slide open once again, you are on the top of the building, I need you to take another deep breath, and exhale as you step outside.

- Here you are, at the top of the highest building you've ever seen. Can you feel the breeze? Now look at your hands, they are glowing, reflecting the moonlight.

- Now go to the edge of the building, I need you to trust me... just do as I say.

- You are there, at the very edge of the building, don't look down, look up... can you see how big and bight the full moon is? Can you see the stars? No artificial light, nothing to obfuscate the beauty of all that ancient light reflecting from the sky.

- Do you feel it? Isn't it powerful? Doesn't it feel like you are floating?

- Concentrate on your breathing now, take a deep breath, you are ok.

- Step forward.

- You are floating, smile... doesn't it feel amazing? There's nothing, there's just you...

- You are floating.

- You are flying...

- You are falling.

- Faster and faster.

- Your heart is racing, it's exhilarating, resist the urge to scream, focus on your breathing...

- You are almost out of air.

- You reach the ground. BAM!

- Death.

- Everything is dark, no... not dark, it's the absence of everything, there's not even darkness anymore.

- Nothingness.

As I open my eyes one tear falls.

He's right in front of me... he gives me long stare, gets even closer and kisses me.

- That's how I feel - He says.

- That's also how I feel -  I reply.