The End


It was a monday evening, I had finished reading another one of my silly books and there she was, standing at the door of our favorite coffee place. I couldn't quite understand her eyes as soon as they met mine but I knew something was wrong.

The thing is, something WAS wrong, and had been wrong for a long time now. When we meet someone we don't usually expect to fall in love with them, and we don't think about the moments we could enjoy together. When these moments do come and then start to fade away, we try to hold on to them, we think that love is everlasting... but it goes, as quickly and unexpectedly as it comes.

She was wearing a navy blue dotted dress, but she didn't put on the usual red lipstick, I've never seen her smile so meaningless, she was terrified, and so was I... She came up to me and gave me a hug, it wasn't the usual warm and welcoming hug, and it wasn't followed by an equally warm and welcoming kiss. 

The waiter came and left with a order of nothing on his notepad. 

She looked at me and I could see that she was trying really hard to say something... but couldn't.

I looked deep into her eyes.

I told her that I knew it was over.

And that was it.